St. John's Lutheran Church and School has been providing quality Christian education on the northwest side of Chicago for almost 150 years. Founded in 1875, St. John's was started by German immigrants, and the church building was erected in 1876. As the need for more educational space grew, the school addition was built in 1915.
Over the years, the surrounding area as well as the church congregation has changed considerably. No longer situated in a German neighborhood, we now serve a diverse school community that reflects the makeup of the northwest side and the surrounding suburbs. Throughout the years, our mission has remained the same, and we continue to shape and nurture the next generation to live out the Gospel of Jesus.